What configurations need to be performed in Hyperview to enable multi-level heat maps?
Step One - Link Temperature Sensors:
In order for the layout view to understand where sensors are located within the rack, you must first link temperature sensors to the bottom, middle, or top of the front or rear of those racks.
- Navigate to the sensors page for a device that contains temperature sensors.
- Click the link button for a given temperature sensor. Then select the corresponding rack and provide the approximate RU location of the sensor and whether it is in the front or rear of the rack.
- Repeat these steps for all required positions of temperature sensors within the racks.
Step Two - Accessing the Multi-Level Heat Map View:
After allowing some time for the sensor information to rollup to the racks you can then access and view the multi-level heat map for the given location.
- Navigate to the location layout view where racks with temperature sensors are linked.
- Click the 3D View button to swap to the 3D mode.
- In the view options for the 3D layout you can select the three layers of Temperature Heat Map Rack options to view bottom, middle, and top of rack heat maps.