I've noticed that the status for my Hyperview discoveries is either Error Occurred or Pending. Why are my discoveries not running?
Update the Hyperview Data Collectors
It is best practice to update your Hyperview Data Collectors to the newest released version in order to ensure that your discoveries will run. Check the Data Collector version against your Hyperview version to make sure that they align. If they do not match, then download and install the newest version of the Data Collector from the Hyperview application.
You can check the Data Collector version from two different locations in Hyperview.
1. Open the Discoveries main menu and select Data Collectors. Check the version column and ensure that the version number aligns with the version number found on the Settings > License page for the application.
2. Navigate to the All location in the asset hierarchy. Open the Events view for the All location and check for any alerts on Data Collector Status. If the Data Collector is out of date, you will see a message stating "Data collector version out of date."
One symptom of your Hyperview Data Collector being out of date is that the discoveries may get stuck on "Pending" status for an extended period of time.
Ensure the correct Data Collector is assigned to the discoveries
If you have recently moved, uninstalled, or retired a data collector, then make sure that the discovery is using the correct data collector to communicate within the discovery settings.
1. Navigate to the Discovery menu and select Overview.
2. Open the Details page for the discovery.
3. Select the correct Data Collector in the Basic Settings for the discovery.
If the discovery is not assigned the correct data collector then you may experience an extended "Pending" discovery status, an "Error Occurred" discovery status, or a successful discovery that resulted in less device data due to the network availability of the assigned data collector.
Check network communication of the Data Collector
If the Data Collector assigned to your discoveries is not actively communicating to the Hyperview application, then you will experience problems with the discovery. Often times the discovery will display "Pending" for an extended period of time. Navigate to the Discoveries menu and open the Data Collectors page. Ensure that the Last Communicated date and time align with the current date and time. If the Data Collector is not communicating with the Hyperview application, then you can try these steps to resolve the issue.
1. Restart the Data Collector service.
2. Re-register the Data Collector.
3. Re-install the Data Collector.
4. Check network configurations.